Our Governing Body
What are governors?
Governors are the strategic leaders of our school and they have a vital role to play in making sure that every child gets the best possible education.
Governing Body’s Core Functions
The Governing Body has a strong focus on three core strategic functions:-
- ensuring the clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction,
- holding the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils,
- overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure that its money is well spent.
- ensure that the required curriculum is taught
- interview and select staff
- set targets for pupil achievement
- report on assessments and test results
- agree procedures for staff conduct and discipline
- decide how the school budget is spent
- draw up action plans after inspections.
School Governors have legal duties, powers and responsibilities. They can act together, they cannot act individually. Governors serve for a period of four years.
The Full Governing Body meets twice a term. Sub Committees meet once each term. The Sub Committees are:
- Finance, Strategy, Health, Safety & Premises
- Teaching, Learning & Staffing
Glebe School’s Governing Body for the Year 2023/24 is made up of the following people:
Mrs Farihah Anwar-Simmons
Mrs Jankhana Bhuta
Ms Seema Varsani
Mr Upkar Singh Mandair
Mr Hemen Shah
Mr Adnan Masket
Mrs Anju Jivani
- have a child in school
are elected by the parents of the school
- are representatives of the parents.
What can Parent Governors be expected to do?
Parent Governors, like other governors, join a committee focusing on a particular area. They play an important part in encouraging parent interest in the school and they actively engage parents into the life of the school.
Mr Aman Sawhney (Chair)
Ms Helene Galdin-O’Shea (Vice Chair)
Mrs Sheila Ordish
Mrs Ngozi Anajuba
Mrs Surjit Nandra (LA - Co-opted)
Mrs Jacqueline Elliott
Mr Dipesh Parekh
Clerk to the Governing Body
To find out more about the Governing Body
Speak with the Headteacher.
Minutes of meetings are available to view on request.